Parents/carers through the School Council and P&C have endorsed the school’s uniform policy and its importance in maintaining the identity and good name of Kirrawee High School. This endorsement acknowledges the positive reasons for high expectations regarding school uniform:
- Association with a proud school, its traditions and history of achievement.
- Support for student belonging
- Utility, comfort and suitability for all learning activities
- Maintenance of a high community standards and associated perception of a caring school community
- Reinforcement of an egalitarian approach that values inclusion
- Preparation of young people for work circumstances that require dress codes and high standards
- Acknowledgement that comfort, dignity, practicality and safety are satisfied when working together