Find out about our location and transport details to make getting to school safe and easy.
Our school is located at:
21 Hunter Street
Kirrawee NSW 2232
Getting to and from school safely
As a parent or carer, it’s your responsibility to get your child to and from school safely. Student safety is our priority.
Keep our school community safe by:
- driving and parking safely, even if it means parking further away and walking the rest of the way to school
- being a good role model
- never calling your child from across the road
- using the safest place to cross the road.
For independent travellers
Talk safe travel with your high-school-aged child including:
Subsidised school travel
Transport for NSW provides subsidies to assist school students.
- The School Student Transport Scheme provides eligible students with free or subsidised travel on public transport between home and school.
- The School Drive Subsidy may help towards the costs of driving children to school if you live in an area where there is no public transport.
Kirrawee Boundaries – Local Students
Kirrawee High Boundaries – Local Students
Opal Cards – School Travel Pass Applications
The School Opal card gives eligible school students free or subsidised travel on public transport between home and school on trains, buses, ferries and light rail in the Opal network.
Apply for a School Opal card (new applications only)
Already have a School Opal card? Keep it for next year
Don’t throw out this year’s School Opal card because eligible cards will be automatically updated for the new school year.
Don’t forget a Child/Youth Opal card
It’s important to remember that the School Opal card is only for travel to and from school on school days and doesn’t cover travel to After School Care, school excursions, sport and other activities away from school, so it’s a good idea to get a Child/Youth Opal card for personal travel.
Child Youth Opal card benefits
- Child/Youth Opal fares are half the price of Adult fares*
- Never pay more than $7.50* per day Monday to Saturday
- Never pay more than $2.50* on Sundays
- After eight paid journeys you travel for half the price with Opal – thanks to the Weekly Travel Reward*.
* Excludes Sydney Airport station access fee.
Applying for a School Opal card
To apply for a School Opal card, you will need to live a minimum distance from your school to be eligible:
Years 7-12 (Secondary)
2km straight line distance or 2.9km walking or further.
Who needs to apply?
You will only need to make a new application if:
- Applying for a School Opal card for the first time
- Requesting an additional pass as a result of a new shared parental responsibility (joint custody) situation.
- If you do need to apply, the application must be made by a parent or legal guardian if you are under 16 years of age. If you are 16 years or older you need to complete and sign the application form yourself. Applications are subject to eligibility criteria.
You will need to update your application if you have a current School Opal card and:
- Are progressing from Year 6 to Year 7
- Your circumstances change, e.g. change of school, home address or school year outside of the usual progression.
- Transport operators will allow a grace period at the start of the new school year to give time for you to receive your School Opal card.
How to apply
- There are two different application forms – one to apply for a new School Opal card and one to update your details, for example changing schools (other than moving from Years 6 to 7), your address or your name.
- Choose the one below that applies to you:
- If you’re applying for a new School Opal card complete this application form online
- If your details have changed complete this application to update form online
The school endorses your application. You will be advised if you need to do anything further when you have completed your online application.
Transport for NSW then processes the application. Once approved, the School Opal card will be sent to the home address you provided in the application.
Remember: Parents must apply for students aged 15 and under. Students must apply if aged 16 and over.