Drama is a popular subject at our school which attracts a variety of talent and participants. Our HSC Drama results are always excellent and a good percentage above state average. Students are regularly nominated for OnStage – Best of HSC Drama works.
Drama is available as an elective from Years 9-12 at Kirrawee High. Students develop their confidence and communication skills through role play and group exercises, learning to collaborate effectively and problem-solve in teams. Students have many opportunities to participate in class and extra curricular activities. These include:
- State and Regional Drama Festivals
- Professional workshops
- Performance evenings
- School Drama Ensemble
- Auditions and placements for Regional and State Company for both the Senior and Junior Drama Ensembles
- Theatre visits
- Providing sample performance works for HSC pilot marking
- Primary School performances, visits and theatre competitions.
- Bi-annual School Musical
- State and Regional Drama camps
Students are also able to audition to be in the drama ensemble. This group works together to enhance drama skills and produce performances for exhibition throughout the year. This program is run during lunchtime.